CenterEdge Software strives to bring our clients the best solutions to their continually changing needs and, in order to do this, we periodically release new versions of Advantage with various improvements and new features. In order to benefit from these updates, you will need a support contract, you must request an upgrade, and must adhere to the following policies:
- Upgrade Requests must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the requested upgrade date.
- Upgrades are performed Monday through Thursday only, and are typically scheduled to occur automatically at 6:00 AM (your time).
- Prior to upgrading, you must install all available patches to your current version on ALL stations. This includes waiver kiosks and/or stations not often used.
- To avoid possible complications, please install all available Windows Updates on ALL stations.
- If you are using a very old version of the software, you may need to upgrade multiple times to reach the current version. Each of those upgrades must be made in separate requests.
- A CenterEdge Support Technician may need to access your server to verify that you are eligible to upgrade.
- We also recommend that you plan to arrive on-site at least one half-hour earlier than normal on the date of the upgrade to ensure you can process the upgrade prior to opening for business.
You can request an upgrade via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (336-598-5934, Option 2).
Beginning with version 19.1, the upgrade process changed to make it a more flexible procedure. Instead of upgrading to multiple version numbers throughout the year, only one version number will be in effect for the entire year. The first release of each year will be a Long Term Support (LTS) release (e.g. 19.1), meaning you won't need to upgrade at all throughout the year. The version year will be patched and supported until the next year's LTS version is released. Throughout the year we will add new software features that weren't included in the LTS release. If you are interested in having any of these, you can request them from CenterEdge and we can upgrade your software to include them and put you on the upgrade Fast Track. The same upgrade policies apply and you will only receive the features you requested. It is important to note that once you are on Fast Track, you will no longer be supported with patches. Instead, if there are bug fixes, you will have to upgrade to the latest Fast Track release.
Near the beginning of the next year, a new LTS version will be released (e.g. 20.1). This upgrade will include all the Fast Track features released the previous year and again be supported the entire year unless you choose to get a feature not released in the LTS version.
This release notes page will be updated to reflect new features that come out in the Fast Track version of Advantage 19.� The most recent updates display at the top of each category list in italics.
- Ability to add one or more filters to checks when viewing them in Your Checks to narrow down any combination of Active, Closed, and/or Finalized checks.
- Category reporting now keeps track of changes to item categories, so your reports will reflect what category an item was in during the time frame of the report rather than the current category.
- Scrambled customers no longer show up in customer search or the Customer List Report.
- The Credit Card Reconciliation Report now separates Online and Primary values.
- Player card numbers are visible in the Pass Export Report.
- Ability to automatically send payroll reports.
- Added Quickbooks G/L Mapping report.
- Salaried employees and those who have not worked any hours are removed from payroll reports.
Business Intelligence Tool
- Enhanced data available, including enhanced headcount reporting.
- Added ability to scan customer cards to access passes, rather than only being able to do so with a printed pass.
- A pass's deferred revenue status can no longer be changed after it has been sold.
- Ability to enter an estimated number of visits for a deferred revenue pass with a Days Valid setting rather than only with a Start Date setting.
- Ability to enable human verification for online account creation to prevent bots from saving information to your database.
- A Text Messages field in the Info tab of a customer record is automatically selected and the information is recorded in the database when Customers Opt in to SMS Marketing while signing a waiver on Advantage Web.
- Support for Paypal payments on Advantage Web.
- Support to use Vantiv gift cards on Advantage Web.
- Payment dates can't be set before the current day.
- Improved performance, including decreased lag upon opening Payment Plan Maintenance.
- Removed redundant credit card prompt if a customer's credit card information has been tokenized earlier in the transaction.
- Improved auto-bill warning messages.
- Sacoa VIP card support.
- RFID capability for Embed game cards and staff cards.
- Waiver queue eliminated.
- Search returns up to 100 results.
- Dependents are automatically expanded in search.
- Search retains history when searching subsequent waivers.
- Ability to scan a waiver barcode to find a waiver.
- Ability to use AdobeFlash in Signage.
- Shift dates can only be set backwards by administrators.
- A gender Not Provided option added to the Quick Add customer form.
- Ability to choose any region when storing backups on AWS.
I would be very helpful to have a place where release notes are posted for all versions. Also a date when the initial release is available.
Otherwise we have no way of finding out.
All new release information will be posted here: https://support.centeredgesoftware.com/hc/en-us/sections/360002580213-Release-Notes . We now do two main releases in a year, the LTS version, which never changes once released, and the Fast Track version, which is updated with new features throughout the year. What's on the Fast Track release notes are the new features as they get released, so when you get an upgrade on Fast Track, no matter when that is, all the options on this page are available.
Please sign in to leave a comment.