When a guest completes a transaction in an Advantage Webstore, they will receive a confirmation email with information about that order. Administrators can also modify this message to include custom text, such as check-in instructions or a brand specific thank you message. You can also choose an email address to receive a copy of this message or to receive an email when the order requires shipping.
- While logged in as an administrator, click System Settings from the gear icon menu.
- Click Options in the left menu.
- Click General.
- Open the Email Options tab.
- Click the pencil icon under Confirmation Order Email Text, verifying you are editing the correct language if your site uses multiple.
- Enter a custom message in the text area.
- The text editor contains standard options that allow you to alter the font, add tables, add links, and add images, provided those images are hosted online. There is also a Source button, which lets you edit the HTML directly.
- When you are finished composing your message, click Save immediately below the text box.
- Optionally, enter values into the other fields according to these descriptions:
- Shipping BCC: This field is for an email address that will receive a copy of this message only if shipping is required for any part of the order. This email address will not be visible to the guest who made the order.
- Shipping CC: This field is for an email address that will receive a copy of this message only if shipping is required for any part of the order, but this email address will be visible to the guest as having been sent a copy of the email.
- Email Retry Minutes: This field sets the number of minutes the system will wait before trying to resend a failed email.
- Order Confirmation BCC: This field is for an email address that will receive a copy of every confirmation email, regardless of whether shipping is required. The guest will not be able to see that a copy has been sent to this email address.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save changes to the text and any other changes you have made to the form above this.
Be sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the page, even if you have already clicked Save to confirm your custom email text, so your changes will be updated.