CenterEdge Software strives to bring our clients the best solutions to their continually changing needs and, in order to do this, we periodically release new versions of Advantage with various improvements and new features. In order to benefit from these updates, you will need a support contract, you must request an upgrade, and must adhere to the following policies and requirements:
- Sites must meet the minimum hardware requirements.
The 2022 LTS requires a Windows 10 operating system.
- You must have an LSA.
- Upgrade Requests must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the requested upgrade date.
- Upgrades are performed Monday through Thursday only, and are typically scheduled to occur automatically at 6:00 AM (your time).
- Prior to upgrading, you must install all available patches to your current version on ALL stations. This includes waiver kiosks and/or stations not often used.
- To avoid possible complications, please install all available Windows Updates on ALL stations.
- If you are using a very old version of the software, you may need to upgrade multiple times to reach the current version. Each of those upgrades must be made in separate requests.
- A CenterEdge Support Technician may need to access your server to verify that you are eligible to upgrade.
- We also recommend that you plan to arrive on-site at least one half-hour earlier than normal on the date of the upgrade to ensure you can process the upgrade prior to opening for business.
You can request an upgrade via email (email@example.com) or phone (336-598-5934, Option 2).
Beginning with version 19.1, the upgrade process changed to make it a more flexible procedure. Instead of upgrading to multiple version numbers throughout the year, only one version number will be in effect for the entire year. The first release of each year will be a Long Term Support (LTS) release (e.g. 19.1), meaning you won't need to upgrade at all throughout the year. The version year will be patched and supported until the next year's LTS version is released. Throughout the year we will add new software features that weren't included in the LTS release. If you are interested in having any of these, you can request them from CenterEdge and we can upgrade your software to include them and put you on the upgrade Fast Track. The same upgrade policies apply and you will only receive the features you requested. It is important to note that once you are on Fast Track, you will no longer be supported with patches. Instead, if there are bug fixes, you will have to upgrade to the latest Fast Track release.
Near the beginning of the next year, a new LTS version will be released (e.g. 20.1). This upgrade will include all the Fast Track features released the previous year and again be supported the entire year unless you choose to get a feature not released in the LTS version.