Due to a facility closing or other event, you may want to discontinue charging auto-renew members while still letting them retain their membership until your facility reopens or the customer is able to use that membership again.
Discontinue Charges for all Members of a Membership Type
To stop charging all members of membership at once, regardless of their expiration date, you must change the Renewal Fee Item and/or the Renewal Increment Fee Item to be $0.00 items. If you don't have a separate renewal fee, you will change the Initial Fee Item item and the Initial Increment Fee Item.
- From Manager Console, click Customers.
- Double-click Membership Maintenance.
- Select the Membership you want to change.
- Open the Billing tab.
- Click Edit.
- If you have separate renewal pricing, select or search for a $0.00 placeholder item in the Renewal Fee Item field.
If you need to create a new item or access Inventory Item Maintenance for some reason, click the pencil and paper icon.
- If you are editing a Family or Group membership that charges extra above a certain number of members, select or search for a $0.00 item as the Renewal Increment Fee Item.
- If you are editing a membership without separate renewal fees, perform the above process for the Initial and/or Initial Increment Fee items.
- Click OK to save.
- Repeat for any other Membership Types you want to stop charging for.
When any member for any memberships configured as described above has their membership expire, the membership will auto-renew without taking a payment as long as the fee items are $0.00 items. Once members are able to use their memberships again, return these fee items to the initial items you took note of.
Waive a Renewal Fee For a Specific Membership
If you only need to suspend charges to a specific customer or group's membership, rather than all customers with that Membership Type, you can do this also by manually renewing a customer's membership from the POS and applying a 100% discount to the transaction.
- From POS, press the Sale Button for the Membership Type the customer is using.
- At the prompt, search for the customer whose membership you want to suspend renewal charges for.
- Select the customer.
- Press Yes at the prompt asking if the purchase is a renewal.
- Press End Order.
- Press the Customer Discount button.
- Select and Apply a 100% discount.
- Press Complete The Order.
- Press Yes at the warning that a card is not on file.
When this customer's membership expires, it will be charged $0.00 for renewal. You must repeat this for every billing cycle when you are suspending charges on individual memberships or they will be charged the normal price the next time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.