Packages are a way to sell a group of items together, which is useful for combos, parties, and group events. The following outlines how to create a package item for uses other than an event, a meal combo in this example.
Items must be created before putting them into a package.
- From�Manager Console, click�Inventory.
- Double-click Item Maintenance.
- Click�Add�to create a new item.
- Enter a�Description.
- For example, "Salami and Swiss Combo".
- Select�Package�for the�Type of Item.
- Choose the appropriate Category and�Sub-category.
- Open the�Detail�tab.�
- Enter the�Retail Price.
- For events this will be the price an event costs with the base number of attendees. For this example, it is the cost of the combo.
- Configure the rest of the�Detail�tab as necessary.
- Open the�Package Items tab.
Click�Add Package Item.
- Find the item by entering the description under�Item or by clicking the Magnifying Glass to search the inventory.
- Enter the�Quantity of the item in the package.
- For example, the package may come with three cookies.
- Repeat for all additional items included with the package.
- Allocate the package as necessary.
You can allocate sales either by Percentage or Flat Amount by selecting one of these from the Allocation Method field. This field determines whether the field next to the item reads Percent or Flat Amount and whether you will enter a percentage of the revenue or a dollar amount into the allocation fields.
If you want all of the revenue to report to the package item, you would enter 100% or the price of the total package into the Master Allocation field. Otherwise, you would enter some other amount (this amount could be 0) into the Master Allocation field and divide the rest of the revenue among the other items in the package. The Amounts and Master Item Allocation fields must all add up to 100% or the total price of the package. The items will also be taxed according to your allocations at the tax rate associated with each item. As an example, the Salami and Swiss Combo might cost $8.00. You could allocate $5 for the sandwich, $1.25 for the potato salad, $1.25 for the cookies, and $0.50 for the drink.
- Configure any other settings as necessary.