- From Manager Console, click Inventory
- Double-click Purchase Order.
- Click Add.
- Select your inventory Vendor.
- If you have reorder levels configured for any of the items you are ordering, select Auto Generate P.O. to add those automatically to the purchase order with the correct amounts.
You can remove, add, or edit these after the P.O. is created, so selecting this if you have reorder levels configured will likely save you time in most circumstances.
- Click OK.
- If you don't have a specific P.O. Number you want to use for this order, click Auto to generate one.
- Select the Order Date if the default is incorrect.
- Optionally, select an Expected Ship Date.
- Click to Add a New Item if you need additional items in this order.
- Select, type in, or, using the magnifying glass icon, search for the item from the Item column.
If the item has multiple stock rooms, be sure to select the correct one.
- Click into the Stock Room column to auto generate the next four columns and unlock the other editable columns.
- Enter the quantity you will be ordering into the Order Qty field.
- Select the Order Unit you will be receiving the item in.
- The available fields here are based on the inventory item's unit type, as defined on the Units tab of Inventory Item Maintenance.
- Set the Cost Type as Standard, Last, or Other.
- Standard, or Std, is the standard wholesale price for the item as defined in the Standard Cost field from the Vendors tab in Inventory Item Maintenance.
- Last is the price of each individual item, not the price per unit, the last time it was received.
- Other is for pricing situations that do not fit the Standard or Last scenarios.
- Adjust the Cost (of a single unit) as necessary.
- The Ext Cost (total cost of however many units you're ordering) field will auto generate.
- Leave the Status as Open for items you haven't received.
- This field is used to track updates once the purchase order has been sent out.
- Make additional changes as necessary.
- To search inventory items, click Find Item.
- To open Inventory Item Maintenance and add or edit items, click Edit Items.
- To make changes to the vendor profile, click Edit Vendor in the Info tab.
- To add notes relevant to this purchase, enter them in the Notes tab.
- Email the P.O. or Print it from the Actions tab.
- When you are finished, click OK to save the P.O.
You can edit this later by returning to Purchase Order Modification and selecting it from the Purchase Order field. Click Edit to make changes or Cancel to cancel it.
Return to Top