Scanner Locks Up
If the LI4278 cannot scan, including the Set Default barcode, it may still show a beam without scanning anything.
- Place the scanner in the cradle.
- Hold the trigger for 30 seconds.
The scanner light turns red, and it resets itself. It should now scan normally. If pressing the trigger for 30 seconds does not reset the scanner, unscrew the battery door and carefully disconnect the battery. Reconnect the battery, and close the battery door. Place the scanner back on the cradle and test it.
Scanner Not Sending Data with CBA-K01-S07PAR Keyboard Wedge
The CBA-K01-S07PAR Keyboard Wedge is mostly obsolete. Compare the image below to confirm you are using this.
While connected to the CBA-K01-S07PAR keyboard wedge, the scanner may beep but not transmit any data when it does.
- Unplug the cradle.
- Turn off the computer.
- Make sure the keyboard cable is connected to the CBA-K01-S07PAR.
- Make sure the other part of the CBA-K01-S07PAR cable is connected to the Keyboard port on the computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Scan the pairing code on the cradle.
- Scan the IBM PC/AT and Compatibles barcode.
Scanner Sending Incorrect Data
If the scanner sends data incorrectly or drops characters, you need to increase the polling interval.
- Scan the 8ms Polling Interval barcode.
Enable Motorola LI4278 No Read Error
If you want the scanner to inform an application it cannot read a barcode, you must scan the Enable No Read barcode.
- Scan the Enable No Read barcode.
Motorola LI4278 CDC Support
The LI4278 supports the CDC host when using the CR0078-S or CR0078-PR cradles.
- Insert the scanner into the cradle.
When the light on the top of the scanner is lit solidly green, it is fully charged.
Please sign in to leave a comment.