CenterEdge Software now integrates with Apple Wallet, an Apple application for iOS that enables you to securely store airplane tickets, your drivers license or state ID, and many other items. This now includes CenterEdge tickets! Upon check-out from our webstores, customers can add their Event tickets, Package tickets, and several other ticket types to their Apple Wallet on their iPhone.
Read more about Apple Wallet from Apple here.
From the customer’s standpoint, the webstore experience and checkout process will be mostly the same. At the end of their order, new options for Apple Wallet functionality will appear. A new ticket icon accompanies a link prompting users to View/Print Tickets in place of the old Print Tickets Link. Clicking this no longer automatically prompts for ticket printing by default.
After clicking the View/Print button, the customer will see an option to Add to Apple Wallet with the Apple Wallet Icon.
Once the customer clicks Add to Apple Wallet, they will be taken to their Apple Wallet Application. There, they can add the ticket as usual by clicking Add in the top right and following the prompts as necessary. We do not support the Apple Wallet itself, so any questions or issues with the app should be directed to Apple support.
Once the ticket is added, customers can access it for quick scanning upon arrival at the park.
The user also can enable Suggest on Lock Screen.
When the user has this enabled, and a site location has been added to your webstore settings for Apple Wallet, the phone can “suggest” the ticket on the lock screen when the customer is near the site. This makes ticket access even quicker!
Enable Apple Wallet
- While logged in as an administrator, access System Settings from the gear drop-down.
- Click Options.
- From the General sub-menu, click the down arrow to the right of the setting categories.
Please contact Support about your web theme if you do not see this arrow.
- Click Apple.
- Select Enable Apple Wallet under Apple Wallet.
- Click Save to finish enabling the integration.
Configure Site Location for Lock Screen Suggestion
- From the same area accessed in the above instructions, select Location Enabled under Relevant Location.
- Your browser will prompt you to allow the webstore access your location.
- Click Allow to set your site location as your current location.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
Customize the Ticket Prompt Message
When a customer completes a purchase that contains tickets, they will see a prompt near the View/Print Tickets button with a customizeable message. This is different from any previous message you may have configured to prompt users after purchasing tickets and will have to be changed separately.
- From the webstore's System Settings, click Strings.
- From the General sub-menu, open the Order tab.
- Click the pencil icon next to Order Complete View Tickets Prompt at the bottom of the list of configurable items.
This is different from Order Complete Print Tickets Prompt, which you may have configured previously.
- Enter your custom message.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Derek, these work exactly the same way a ticket would have worked without the Apple wallet integration. Any way you would have configured a ticket previously also applies to those stored in someone's wallet. You could use this for a private or corporate event
Is this a one time ticket? Can this be tied to a one time event such as a private function party, or maybe a corporate outing?
Please sign in to leave a comment.