Beginning in version 19.1, the way tax information is stored was reworked to improve historical reporting. Because of this, there are some limitations to tax settings within the software. In order to upgrade from a version with the old tax structure, you can't have any subcategories with a custom tax rate. Additionally, the option to add more than 15 tax codes or apply a custom rate are not available once you have upgraded.
The Sales Details by Tax Rate report, located in the Tax Reports category of Sales Reports, provides accurate information about how items were taxed in the past. Each tax code used is listed in order from top to bottom, followed by a list of non-taxable items. For each tax code, the percent taxed is listed next to its name and all items sold under that code are listed along with their quantity and transaction amount. If the percentage taxed under that code has changed at any point, and items were sold at that percentage rate, they will be listed sequentially under the initial percentage point of that tax code. You can easily see at what percent all taxable items were taxed along with the total transaction amount for all sales within that code or percentage.
- From Manager Console, click Reports.
- Double-click Sales under the Reports category.
- Scroll down until you see the Tax Reports category.
- Double-click the Sales Details by Tax Rate report.
- Select a Date Range either by using the top pull-down list or by selecting a start and end date manually from the date pull-down menus.
- Click OK.
- The report generates.