Payment plan amounts and due dates can be viewed and altered and payments can be made from Manager Console, POS, and Groups from the A/R interface.
- From Manager Console, click Cash Control.
- Double-click A/R Payments.
- Alternatively, from POS, click More Buttons.
- Click A/R Payments.
- Or, from Groups, click A/R Payments.
- Search for the customer whose payment plan you want to view or alter.
- Select the customer, if applicable.
- To see more information about the transaction, click the plus sign to expand it.
- To see even more information, click the plus sign next to the nested information.
- To email or print a receipt, click Send.
- To make a payment on the balance, click Pay Now.
- Select a payment method from the Payment Method pull-down list.
The invoice next to whichever Pay Now button you clicked will be selected to be paid against by default. This is indicated by the text in front, which reads Clear. Toggle which invoices you want to use by clicking that text. If the text reads Apply, no payments can be applied to that invoice. If the text reads Clear, payments can be made.
Enter an amount to pay in the Payment Amount field.
You can only select as many invoices with an Amount Due that can be paid or partially paid for by the amount in the Payment Amount field when distributed. If you have three invoices with Amounts Due of $50, $40, and $30, and enter $60 into the Payment Amount field, you could apply the payment to any two invoices, but not all three at once because the entire Payment Amount is applied and exhausted by the time two are applied. A Payment Amount of $90 could be distributed across any combination of the invoices, including all three. The amount is distributed such that each invoice you select gets sequentially paid, with the last one you select applying any remaining balance to the Payment Amount field. If there is any Unused balance from the Payment Amount field, it displays red next to that field. If you click Make The Payment with an Unused balance, you will be prompted to select whether you are sure you want to take the full amount. If you proceed, the extra balance will be recorded for review in your A/R reports, but it will not be associated with any invoice. This will show up as a credit on the customer's account.
- To divide the Payment Amount across multiple invoices in the order each transaction occurred, click Auto Apply.
- Optionally, click Pay Balance to change the Payment Amount field automatically to whatever amount will completely pay however many invoices are selected.
- The most efficient way to use this tool is to first enter an amount into Payment Amount that is more than enough to cover whichever invoices you want to pay against. Select the invoices and then click Pay Balance. The Payment Amount field will automatically decrease to the exact amount required to pay off the combined Amount Due on each selected invoice.
- Click Make The Payment.
- Click Yes at the prompt confirming the total Payment Amount.
To view your payment plan, click Payments.
Any payments you made in the above steps are applied to each amount due in order. If the amount doesn't divide equally into the payment amounts, a partial payment will be applied to the next balance. For each payment, you can see how much is due in total in the Scheduled column. Paid shows the amount that has already been paid, and Due shows the remaining balance to be paid.
Click Add Payment, if the plan is editable, to add a new payment.
- To alter an existing payment amount, click into the Amount column.
- To remove a payment, click Remove.
- Change the payment due date by selecting a date from the Date pull-down menu.
- Change the amount due by entering a number in the Scheduled field.
- Keep in mind, the total of the unpaid amounts must add up to the Total Outstanding balance.
You can automatically distribute the payment amounts evenly by clicking Balance Payments.
- Click Save Changes.
A payment amount can't be $0.00. The field will turn red and you will be unable to save.