Revenue Centers are a means of dividing up sales and labor data, so they can be viewed individually in reports. You do this by assigning sub-categories and work departments to the centers. Learn more about those two topics here: Create a Sub-Category, Create a Work Department. Often, Revenue Centers coincide with site Divisions, which are one or more POS stations in distinct physical locations. Learn more about Divisions here: Manage Divisions. Revenue Centers must be created in Manager Console before they can be assigned.
Create a Revenue Center
- From Manager Console, click Maintenance.
- Double-click System Settings.
- Double-click Revenue Centers.
- Click Add to create a new one or Edit to change an existing center.
- Give the Revenue Center a Description.
- This is the only input you need to create a Revenue Center. A number will automatically be assigned once you click OK.
Assigning Revenue Centers to Inventory Items
Sales of items report to the Revenue Center associated with its sub-category. To do this, you must assign a Revenue Center to each sub-category.
- Click Inventory.
- Double-click Categories.
- If you already have a sub-category you want to assign a Revenue Center, select the category it is contained within from the pull-down list.
- If you need to create a new category, click Add.
- Once you have named and numbered your category, or if you selected an existing category, click Sub-Categories.
- Select an existing subcategory from the pull-down or click Add to create a new one.
- If you selected an existing one, click Edit.
- Once the sub-category has been numbered and named, select the Revenue Center from the pull-down list.
- Click OK.
- When you Create a Retail Inventory Item or other item type, select the sub-category associated with the Revenue Center you want to report sales into.
Assigning Revenue Centers to Work Departments
- From Manager Console, click Time Clock.
- Double-click Work Departments.
- From the Revenue Center pull-down list, select the correct Revenue Center.
- Click OK.
- When you Add an Employee, assign them to a position in the Work Department with the correct Revenue Center.
To see the data relating to your Revenue Centers, there are several reports you can use.
You can also access valuable data relating to Revenue Centers via the Business Intelligence Tool as well.
- From Manager Console, click Reports.
- Double-click Sales under the Reports section.
- Scroll to the Revenue Reports section.
- The Cost Analysis Report, Labor Cost Analysis by Hour, and the Labor Cost Analysis Report can all be filtered by Revenue Center.
- The Labor Cost Analysis Report will show the hours worked and total currency amount spent in payroll. It will also show everything in payroll, including hourly payroll plus the markup percentage for salaried personnel. You will be able to see the total sales, percentage of payroll to sales, and sales per hour.